Last week, Paul from The Captain’s Speech initiated “The Blogger Games,” which is a series of quizzes that test our knowledge of the great blogger himself. Considering that I’m one for games and have followed Paul for years, I decided to take a crack at answering the questions. I can’t guarantee I’ll answer them correctly, but I’ll still try– here we go!
The Blogger Games (Week 1)
1. At which restaurant did the waiter pour ice cubes down my back?
A) Red Lobster
B) Pizza Hut
C) Swiss Chalet
D) The Cheesecake Factory
2. Which of the following fell out the bottom of a takeout container and onto the sidewalk?
B) Noodles and Honey Garlic Chicken
C) Burger and Fries
D) Chicken Noodle Soup
3. Which condiment would I never put on a hotdog?
D) Hot Peppers
4. Which is my favourite donut chain?
A) Krispy Kreme
B) Tim Hortons
C) Coffee Time
D) Country Style
5. As a kid, I would make a “Saturday Night Drink” that consisted of: ice, lemon slices, and which soft drink?
A) Ginger Ale
D) Diet Pepsi
6. Where did I eat watermelon for the first time?
A) After my softball game
B) Field Trip
C) Friend’s Birthday
D) In the street playing road hockey (snack break)
7. Which food did I mispronounce to a cafeteria worker at school?
A) Rhubarb Pie
B) Provolone Cheese
D) Potato Wedges
8. Which dessert did I drop on the floor at a buffet?
C) Ice Cream
D) Lemon Bar
9. Which of the following cereals have I never had?
A) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
B) Corn Flakes
D) Rice Krispies
10. When I got braces, which food did I start cutting in half before eating?
C) French Fries
…hope I did well, Paul! And to answer your questions:
1. What do you like to eat?
So many things…first that come to mind are soft-shelled tacos, sushi (with lots of wasabi), cream or oil-based pasta, anything spicy and challenging…
2. What don’t you like to eat?
Mac n’ cheese (particularly Kraft’s), corn, bitter melon, just to name a few. I’m usually okay with most foods, though.
3. What foods are overrated?
Charcoal-flavored anything. It was huge trend a few years ago, and I never got the hype. Apparently, it was touted for health benefits, but honestly, it was not aesthetically-pleasing: any dishes with burnt bits on it (e.g. ice cream, pasta) just looked unappetizing.
4. What condiments do you stay away from?
I wouldn’t totally stay away from them, but I don’t especially like putting mayo or Ranch dressing on food items. I don’t really like cold, cream/cheese-based products, as I’m afraid they’ll spoil or curdle. Not for me!
5. Any fun food stories from your past?
Not fun, but it was exciting: I had espresso for the first time in Paris after a lovely dinner. As I was not used to caffeine, I immediately starting getting sick after leaving the restaurant and I barely held my food in during the metro ride before reaching my Airbnb and spending the next half-hour to hour relieving myself on the toilet. Even then, it took over 36 hours to feel like myself again: during that time, I subsisted on water and plain baguette. Oh, the joys of getting sick!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic