I stumbled upon this post from Millennial Life Crisis, and I was inspired to write my own. It’s also been a while since I last posted, so enjoy it. Feel free to answer them yourself! 🙂
“73 Questions With” (Blogger Edition)
1. What was the name of the first person you ever had a crush on? Why did you like them? Can’t recall exactly, but it was on a girl named “K.” We went to elementary school together, and I remember she was a dancer and absolutely adorable with long silky hair. Always wanted to be around her, wanted to be her friend, only to realize years later that I was definitely not straight at all.
2. What is one thing you regret having done or not done in your life? Currently can’t think of one, although I’ve had various regrets before.
3. Which parent do you identify with the most? A little of both my mom and dad.
4. What do you think you cook or bake the best? Definitely brownies. They’re really hard to mess up!
5. If you could change your first name what would it be? I’m fine with the name I currently have.
6. Can you hula hoop? Yes, but it’s been a while.
7. What embarrasses you the most in front of other people? Blanking out when I am put on the spot.
8. Have you considered running for president? Nope, but maybe VP!
9. If you had to choose one thing you were most passionate about, what would it be and why? Travel, because of the feeling of being free and seeing so much beauty and terror in this world.
10. Who are you most envious of—real or fictional—and why? Don’t have a specific person that comes to mind– I try not to be jealous of other’s success, or at least use their success to push myself to my own success.
11. Where is the most beautiful place on earth and why? Tie between Iceland and Taiwan.
12. Are ghosts real? Nope.
13. Are aliens real? Maybe, as I’m sure that there’s some other lifeforms out there.
14. How old is the most expired item in your fridge? I try cleaning out the refrigerator as frequently as possible, so maybe nothing before 2018.
15. What are your favorite style of underwear? Comfy ones.
16. What’s the saddest song you’ve ever heard? “Hello” by Adele comes to mind.
17. How about the sweetest song? “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars.
18. Do you know how to play dominoes? Yes, but not good at it.
19. What’s under your bed? A yoga mat that I never use.
20. Have you ever prank called someone? Nah, that’s extra!
21. 100 kittens or 3 baby sloths? Sloths. Less of them to take care of, and they’re slow, making them easier to handle.
22. Are you proud of what you’re doing with your heart and time right now? Hard to say, so yes and no.
23. Why or why not? I have a job, but I don’t know if I’m cut out for it.
24. How many bones have you broken? None, luckily!
25. Have you ever won anything? Big or small? A few medals from high-school cross country and a couple of scholarships that I used for studying abroad in France.
26. If you could buy one material thing, and money was not an issue, what would it be? A plane ticket to everywhere (does that count as cheating?).
27. What’s your favorite movie from your childhood? Mulan.
28. What food will you absolutely not, under any circumstances, eat? I don’t have a food that I’d never eat, but I’d rather not eat corn or tomatoes.
29. What’s the best way to comfort you when you’re having a really terrible day? A nice dinner/dessert out and YouTube.
30. Has anything/anyone ever saved your life before? Yup.
31. Would you ever adopt a child? No, probably not.
32. What is one thing you’re embarrassed to admit you want to try? Dating.
33. If you were a cake which cake would you be? Green tea cake. I might come across as bitter at first, but deep down, I’m as sweet as you can get. 😉
34. What is the most important material possession you have and why? My childhood teddy bear, because it’s been with me through hell and back.
35. What is the most important memory you have and why? Not a specific one, but basically my four years abroad in France. Really has shaped my love for travel and, in general, becoming more confident in myself.
36. When was the last time you cried? Last night.
37. How old was your mother when she had you? 32.
38. Which famous person would you like to be BFFs with? Lauren Chen, aka Roaming Millennial. Even if I don’t always agree with her politics, she’s an incredibly smart and beautiful woman whom I’d like to hang out with.
39. Is there something you wish you had said sorry for but never did? I’m pretty sure.
40. Have you been on your first date? If so, how did it go? That’s tricky to answer. I don’t recall ever going on dates, but looking back, some of the one-on-one “hangouts” had some romantic/sexual undertones to them. So I guess I’d say yes, and they were chill.
41. If someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to? Definitely this blog. That, or my YouTube watched history. 😛
42. Have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? if so, who? I have a few, but Li Young Lee, Chris Crutcher, Suji Kwock Kim…
43. If you could, would you take back your last kiss? Yup, it was like kissing a dog: too much tongue and slobbery.
44. Who would you like to see in concert? Sara Bareilles (again), Coldplay, Celine Dion (been meaning to since I was a kid!).
45. What was the last concert you saw? Stromae, back in 2015.
46. What was the last thing that made you laugh? One of my co-workers twerking to a song at work.
47. What are you craving right now? A cold drink (actually have one with me now!).
48. Have you ever been cheated on? No.
49. Do you believe in true love? Somewhat. I believe more in compatibility, i.e. getting along for the most part, rather than pure passion.
50. Favorite weather? Chilled, slightly overcast skies.
51. Do you want to get married? I’m open to it.
52. What’s your favorite pasta dish? Oil-based pasta. Not a huge fan of tomato-based ones.
53. What color do you really want to dye your hair? Nothing special, perhaps just black to hide my premature grey hairs.
54. Are you a morning person? Yes and no. I can wake up early, but it takes me an hour or two to become alert.
55. Tell us a story of something that happened to you after 3AM when you were with friends. Being slightly buzzed and driving home with a crazy driver. Thank god we made it out alive!
56. Who was the last person you gazed at the stars with? There aren’t many visible stars where I live, but otherwise, it would have to be just on my own.
57. What was your biggest fear as a kid? is it the same today? Balloons popping. Still afraid today!
58. Think of a person. What song do you associate with them? C (a childhood classmate)– “All Star” by Smash Mouth.
59. What are some of your worst habits? Drinking too much when I’m stressed, not eating properly-balanced meals, being too hard on myself.
60. Describe a good friend of yours without using their name or gendered pronouns. Optimistic, kid at heart, good with children.
61. Is there anything you should be doing right now but aren’t? Figuring out how to cancel my water bill in France.
62. What’s one of the cutest things someone has ever done for you? One of my sixth-grade students gave me a small key chain for Christmas when I was a teacher.
63. Are you planning on getting tattoos? I already have one, but I hope to get another. I have the concept and location of where I want it, but I’ll wait.
64. List some songs that resonate to your soul whenever you hear them. Coldplay– “Up&Up,” Andy Grammer– “Smoke Clears,” Sara Bareilles– “Gravity.”
65. If you were presented with two buttons, one that allows you to go 5 years into the past, the other 5 years into the future, which one would you press? Definitely 5 years into the future: I already know what happened five years ago, and I’m curious to see where I end up later on!
66. What do you do when you’re sad? Stay in my flat and watch YouTube all day.
67. What are some things you do when you can’t sleep? Toss and turn, think of things to relax…
68. Who is the last person you told a secret to? Two of my friends on Whatsapp.
69. What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? “Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative.”
70. What’s your favorite food? Tacos at the moment.
71. What’s your secret dream? To find a place to really call home.
72. Do you have trust issues? Yup.
73. Do you believe in soulmates? No, but you can find one that’s close to being 100% compatible with you!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic
4 thoughts on “Vogue’s “73 Questions With” (Blogger Edition)”
HAHA I love this. And I hate sloppy dog kisses too. Yuck
Thanks! I don’t mind sloppy dog kisses from dogs, but definitely weird from people. 😂
Great answers. Thank you for sharing. 💜
Thanks, and you’re welcome!