Just last week, Paul from The Captain’s Speech nominated anyone for the Liebster Award. Even though I’ve done several of these awards in the past, I always love doing these sorts of posts on this blog. So that said, thank you, Paul!
Let’s get to it!
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I actually get attached to people quite easily. However, I don’t usually show it, so many people probably think I’m very distant when in fact I really do care about them.
2. I never drink coffee. I once had an unfortunate experience with espresso and that put me off drinking coffee ever again.
3. I am a massive cocktail fan. Mojito, sangria, gin and tonic…I’ve never met a cocktail that I didn’t like.
4. One of the main decisions when picking a country to visit is its architecture. The more distinctive, the more reason to visit!
5. Having taught for four years as an English teacher, I’ve become pretty good at reading people, especially my students. Usually, I can tell if they’re good students or not, as well as also how they are as people.
6. I used to think that the French accent when speaking English was attractive. Now, having lived in France for several years, I can say that it’s not that sexy.
7. If you were to have a conversation with me, we’d probably be talking about one of several things I’m passionate about: travel, race relations, and poetry.
8. You probably wouldn’t have guessed this, but I’m a low-key, hopeless romantic. Cynical as I am, I secretly hope for a bit of love and romance in my life.
9. I really enjoy spicy food, although I can’t tolerate too much of it. But I love the challenge!
10. A lot of my favorite songs are in G major. Don’t know why except that many songs tend to sound cheerful and upbeat when played in that key.
11. One attractive facial feature that I fall for is well-defined cheekbones. Not sure why, but they look like someone sculpted on the person…seriously, you can cut cheese with such sharp looks!
1. When was the last time you made a pinky promise?
Actually don’t remember– part of me wants to say sometime earlier this year at some social function (with some booze in my system), but otherwise, I really don’t know.
2. What the heck?
I know, right??
3. Which of the 26 letters in the alphabet do you enjoy writing the most? Why?
When I’m journaling, I write in cursive, and I find capital “L” and lowercase “y” especially satisfying to write. Namely because they give off a flourish, a sense of finality that something’s been accomplished, abstract as it sounds.
4. Do you call it a backpack or a knapsack?
5. What condiments do you put on your hot dog?
I usually don’t put condiments on my hot dog. But I will say that I had an Icelandic hot dog back in May when I visited Iceland, and it came with fried onions on top, which were LIFE-CHANGING. That said, I’d choose to add fried onions next time I have a hot dog.
6. How would a stranger sitting next to you on a bus describe you?
Very quiet, somewhat angry (with my resting bitch face).
7. If you could travel back to a moment in history, to witness it in person, where would you go and why?
I guess I’d go back to when my grandparents (dad’s side) had to flee China during WWII, and see how that affected them for the rest of their lives.
8. Why is Big Bird so big?
No idea…must be the growth hormones injected into his mother before she laid his egg. I’d actually like to see if his mother’s just as tall as he is!
9. What is something you don’t understand, but wish you did?
Why does racism have to exist?
10. Everyone is a bit weird. What makes you weird?
The fact that I’m very much a wallflower. Wouldn’t say that that’s super unique, but I have the ability to blend into situations like a ninja, more or less.
11. Are you okay?
More or less. A bit stress, as I’m in the process of moving and trying to figure all of that out. The sooner, the better!
…and that’s about it! I won’t nominate anyone to do this, so whoever wants to do is free to! Here are my questions to you:
1. Is color subjective to the human eye?
2. Are you more of a poem or novel reader?
3. How do you take your tea?
4. One guilty pleasure song you listen to?
5. What is one book that has changed your outlook on life?
6. How do you deal with people who are mean to you?
7. If you could give advice to your 18-year-old self, what would it be (granted, that you’re over the age of 18).
8. What’s one secret thing you do when you’re home alone?
9. Your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
10. Alcoholic drink of choice?
11. Currently crushing on someone now?
Enjoy, and have a good day!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic