Some time ago, Keira, blogger of Method to My Melody, nominated me for this award. Thank you so much for the nomination!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
…and here are the questions!
1. Would you rather go to the zoo, library, or art museum? I don’t consider myself a zoo person, so I’d go with either library or art museum. I enjoy viewing paintings and art works, and I’ve found some library interiors quite lovely, too.
2. When’s the last time you went dancing? Probably in January at a club in Budapest. I definitely had a few drinks beforehand and ended up a hot mess, but I had lots of fun!
3. What do you love about your hometown? I’m from Los Angeles, and I love the consistently warm weather– can’t find better weather anywhere else in the world! Amazing food scene, too…I miss it!
4. How have you changed in the last decade? I wouldn’t say that I’ve changed dramatically, but I would say that I’m more sure in myself, as well as more adventurous, thanks to living abroad and traveling.
5. What’s on your bucket list? Istanbul, Ukraine, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Moscow…too many to list!
6. Who has served as your role model? My parents, for sure.
7. What past jobs have you had? And what do you do now? Technically, I’m still freelance writing, which I’ve been doing since college. But my “official” job is teaching English in France, which I’ve been doing for three years now.
8. Where’s your favorite place to eat lunch? At home (for peace and solitude) or at a new restaurant with a friend.
9. How do you act when you’re angry? I’m one of those people who suppress hard emotions (e.g. anger, frustration), and let it out at inappropriate situations, which isn’t healthy. When I’m mad, I definitely hurt with words, albeit unintentionally, as well as get flustered and rant.
10. What’s your perfect Sunday? Waking up around 8 or 9, going for a run, then showering and spending the rest of the day enjoying a drink (or two) with friends in my flat, along with good food to boot!
11. What have you learned this week? As I’m currently writing this, I’m still traveling. What I’ve learned (or rather, relearned) is that I’m more capable than I think of being social with others. Especially when I’m moving from country to country, I surprise myself by opening up to new people, both good and bad, and learning from them. That’s why I find travel so enriching!
…that’s it for me! I won’t nominate anyone in particular, but feel free to answer the questions that Keira asked. Thanks for reading, and until later!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic